Monday, November 5, 2012

Apache Lake

We spent two days camping along Apache Lake.  There was a little wind early in the morning and the water came up in the night,




 but the weather was fine and we enjoyed the thirty mile long  lake on the pontoon boat, stopping in sandy coves to swim and look around.  It is a lovely narrow lake, pretty clean water, with many groups of coots and western grebes and a few cormorants, and late one afternoon, a half dozen javelina along the water's edge.





















Just a lovely weekend in a beautiful spot.

3 comments:

  1. Is that dam one of the ones that's scheduled to go? Reverse Works Progress Administration project, pah'aps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Oh public road,I say back I am not afraid to leave you,yet I love you,you express me better than I can express myself" Whitman.......... Hey Charlie..Ig

    ReplyDelete