Saturday, October 6, 2012

Assateague Island to Silver Spring

I woke to a lovely sunrise and a campground busy with rvs and  kids on bikes.




I walked along the dunes and took a swim in the seventy degree ocean, a warm and welcome change from the frigid Pacific of the Oregon coast.





I drove out under heavy clouds that turned to rain by the time I spotted a couple of Assateague's famous wild horses grazing along a marsh.



Heavy rain to Berlin, nice brick downtown and a cafe where I had scrapple (sausage, cornmeal, etc. formed into a loaf, sliced and fried) then drove through wet fields, stopped at a farmstand for the last of the local peaches - in October!  -and back to Silver Spring for a few days of rest and visiting with friends Petey and Serge before heading south.




No comments:

Post a Comment